Friday, October 2, 2015

Sacredness of the Ordinary

Sacredness of the Ordinary
Cross Necklace 
From my Aunt and Uncle
    It may be a normal necklace to you, but to me it's a symbol of my family,friends, and much more. This necklace shows me things always get better. When something goes on in my day that makes me mad or angry. The necklace reminds me that that moment doesn't have to change the course of my whole day. 

    This necklace has been on a long journey, like falling into the river at Richardson’s Mini Golf with me. I hit my ball into the water and when i tried to get it I fell in and started floating down into the big pond of water. I drifted away as my entire family laughed at me. Finally, after my family was done laughing, my uncle pulled me out of the water. While this was happening I had my necklace on, this was my favorite necklace at the time and was still very important to me. I was worried that the necklace was ruined but it wasn't so now when I am mad or upset I look at the necklace and breakout in laughter.

    Another journey this necklace took with me on was states for hockey and softball. I sadly came in second for both, if Arlington hadn’t cheated we wouldn't have gone. Arlington pulled in a goalie that wasn't on their team, so they could win. We lost that game but convinced the league they cheated, so we made it to states. We lost to Melrose making us the second best in the state. Also, we won every game of districts and sectionals for softball to get us to states, then lost to Charlton. This made us runner up in the state. During all these games I had the necklace on to bring us good luck.     

    My final journey is life, because I have worn this necklace ever since 2nd grade. The necklace has showed me I always have someone. It is a reminder of my late grandfather (Papa). He died when i was in second grade, it shows me he is always looking over me, even though I don’t remember that well because I was so young. It also shows me he is at all my softball and hockey games because if he didn’t die of cancer he probably would be at every game watching. 

    This is my Sacredness of the Ordinary. What’s yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment